People would probably think it’s too late to say my first impressions on iPhone 4s, but as many of you knew, I’m an Android User. I owned Samsung Galaxy Infuse and Galaxy S3. So I thought of switching to iOS for a change. I’m using my brother’s iPhone at the moment. After a month, I will then decide if I’ll settle with iOS or not. So here’s what I thought after using iPhone for 2 days:
- Apps – fluid, stable, easy on the eyes. Google Voice – unlike Android, now I can use it’s official app to send SMS and make phone calls.
- Display – Retina display makes the icons look vibrant and crisp.
- Keyboard – has bigger letters.
- Storage – has only one designated place to store your images and files. If you have used an Android, you know how annoying it is to keep searching the folders for a downloaded image or file.
- Accessories – iPhone has tons of cases and skins to choose for.
- Notification – I like the stock’s pop-up notifications. (Android has an app for this though not as pretty.)
- Speed – it is remarkably slower than my S3. Slow enough for me to see the difference.
- Widgets – I miss my widgets. Though I’m getting used to the simple layout now, I still think iOS is boring. Don’t tell me to jail break this phone, coz’ I really don’t want to.
- Storage – in a 16Gb phone, I only have 13Gg as free. Memory is not expandable at all.
- Right click – This is super annoying! I can’t make images from the browser/facebook set as wallpaper/contact image right away. There’s even no option to save images in the browser.
- Settings & Back buttons – I miss these buttons. They actually make my experience easier.
- App Store – I just don’t like to keep entering password every time I want to install new apps.
Generally, it’s not that I dislike iOS so much. Apps are wonderful, I can stand the slow processor if I’m not in a hurry, and I would probably be okay with the storage for now. But I really miss the accessibility and the ability to customize things in Android.